I joined a fitness center (Zang Fitness) just down the street from my apartment. I bought a three month membership because :
A) the outside temperature is starting to drop .
B) my motivation to workout is at a low (so paying money should work because i don't favor wastefulness).
C) I've gained weight in the short 1.5 months since I've been in Korea - which all stemmed from my comfort food craze (not that I'm super concerned, but I like to be fit).
Sooo Tuesday morning I go up to the 6th floor where Zang Fitness is located and buy the membership - conveniently the man spoke enough English, so it all worked out fine. He showed me where the locker room was and also gave me a Zang workout shirt and shorts (workout gear that every member wears). I come out with the shirt and shorts on and HA - I looked like the biggest nerd. Imagine grey tshirt with red trim around the sleeves and long, navy, elastic wasted shorts. Not to mention, I had forgotten to change my socks, so I had high, brown socks on...uhhh, yeah. I quite possibly could have been an extra in Napoleon Dynamite.
At first, I thought the man thought I had never worked out nor had never been to a fitness center before because he walked me over to the treadmill and said, "Treadmill, push start, up or down for speed." It was so funny. I wasn't going to stop him, so I just let him go. As soon as I finished running, he came over again and continued to show me how to use almost every piece of equipment. He even showed me how to stretch. At one point, he was showing me how to do sit-ups and during reps he would stop and say "SLOW" - ha I was impressed with the few yet valuable English words he knew. It was quite an experience.
I will have to take a picture of myself in Zang uniform sometime; it's pretty funny.
6 years ago



2 comments:
love the fitness center outfit and I pretty much have to see it
hahaha I am laughing outloud picturing all of this. so hilarious!!! - Lizz
Post a Comment