So today I gave out my third discipline note in the two months I have been teaching. The situation was this:
I have a student who, from my observations, chooses his anger to function as "stored energy" (ha, oh me...i'm teaching about energy in science class). You can only store anger for so long, so today he hit another student. Yes, full fist to the back and I was SO glad that I witnessed it because I immediately stopped everything and said...
"That was unacceptable and I will be giving you a discipline note. We do not hit other people."
Right before I was going to use the word "unacceptable" I thought, he is not going to understand what this word means (I usually alter my vocab), but I used it anyway.
6 years ago



1 comment:
Abbey! This is Brittany! I just discovered your blog, it sounds like you are having an amazing experience! I had to give a discipline note yesterday too. ahh don't you love having to be the disciplinarian...mine was for talking back, refusing to out to the hall, and repeatedly banging his head on the wall. aw gee. :) Miss you!
Post a Comment