Friday, November 21, 2008

Two can ride a bike!

Tonight after work, my coworker Jasmine and I were heading back to our apartment. She just bought a bike, so she was riding and I was running along side. Sidenote: I've found that if needed, I can run to work in 5 mintues (good to know). Oh, and YES...while I was running to work today, SNOW WAS FALLING :) yah!

Ok, back to the story. So here in Korea, many people ride bikes and often you will see two people on a bike. They are either sitting on a little metal piece over the back wheel or they are standing on the back wheel pieces (correct name, unsure). Jasmine and I had the bright idea to try it out on her new bike. So I sit on the back, legs to one side, and she attempts to go - ha, but we don't go anywhere (we are cracking up at this point and Koreans are looking at us puzzled). Then we decide maybe I should straddle the metal "seat", so I do. She again attempts to go and we went! HA!

So imagine, too American girls attempting to ride two to a bike like every other Korean has mastered and here we are swerving left and right, cracking up and ending up in a pile of trash bags. It was priceless and I wish I had it on video.

Oh, I love laughter and random acts such as this.

1 comment:

Matthew Mccarty said...

I believe that the word you are looking for is "pegs."