I went to another church on Sunday. It is called Sarang Community Church - otherwise known as New Harvest Church for English speakers. There were maybe 200 or so people in attendance. After the pastor spoke and the service was nearing the end, they asked all first time visitors to stand up. Of course, no one stood up except myself and another guy. They gave me a microphone and..."I'm Abbey from America - the state of Ohio" - I still find it funny that I have to say I'm from America - it's a reminder that YES I am across the world.
After service like four ladies came up to me and were like "ohhh, I'm from the midwest too!!" It was so great. Every church has been so welcoming - I'm just not sure where to permanently land.
After church, I went to Starbucks :) They had all of their Christmas items out and YES, it got me in the Christmas mood. I had to meet some friends for Indian food (yes, I really like Indian food) so I got on the subway for about an hour while listening to Frank Sinatra (the time flies when you've got the IPOD) The Indian food was amazing and so good to see friends and the other side of Seoul. The ride back was close to 2 hours, so yes thank you IPOD and luckily I snagged a seat on the subway (doesn't happen frequently). I decided to get off and walk through Olympic Park towards my apartment. I listened to Christmas music while I walked through the park and it was soooooo wonderful.
I love Christmas time.
I've decided that I want to always live where there are 4 seasons.
snow.
mountians.
hot chocolate.
christmas tunes.
fireplace.
friends.
love it :)
6 years ago



2 comments:
I LOVE that you love Indian food which means we are getting some when you get home! I have to tell you that I laughed out loud when I read that you had to get up and say your name. I pictured your "umm this is awkward face" where you raise one eyebrow. HA so funny and I miss it..I miss you. LOVE YOU
Aww! The Holidays will not be the same without you home this year sis. I miss you! Let me be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment