I saw a group on facebook that does volunteer work and my friend Melanie and I had been wanting to do some volunteer work - SOOOO bingo. I saw that they were visiting a orphanage on Saturday - so we went!
I had never been to an orphanage before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. There was a large group of volunteers and just maybe 25-30 kids. For most of the time, we did arts and crafts, and then we took them outside to play.
Oh my! I have never seen kids more violent and out of control. They were throwing snowballs in each others faces, hitting each other (with sticks), climbing buildings, and screaming. There was NO discipline. I couldn't believe it.
There was a little boy around 4 years old (so cute), who had just been placed at the orphanage just over a week ago and the workers said that they pick on him - like an initiation thing. You could tell they all had a tough skin on them, ha I wonder why. A worker also pointed out two girls (sisters) who got a visit from their father the other day - apparently he can't afford to raise them but arrived in his brand new car. Sad stuff.
These kids need a lot of love in discipline.
fast.



1 comment:
Hey Abbey! Love your blogs girl so thankful I get to hear about what is going on in your life. I wish that you could of gone snowboarding with me! I was thinking about you falling down the hill last year haha...miss you tons. Praying for you love you
Post a Comment