Monday, January 26, 2009

Snowboarding


I finally got the chance to go snowboarding this past weekend! I had only gone once before, but I was sooo excited to go again. We went to one of the largest resorts in Korea called Yongpyong, which turned out to be really nice. The snow wasn't the greatest because there were patches of ice near the bottom of the slopes and if you fall, it's like falling on concrete - ouch. The resort itself was beautiful. We stayed in a hostel, which wasn't too bad. The place wasn't as crowded as I thought it might be and there were dozens of foreigners around. Most of the Koreans could speak perfect English, so it felt a little like home.


When we got there Saturday evening, we did some night riding. My board was set up for a regular and I ride goofy, but I rode it goofy anyways. It made it a little awkward and I eventually was able to change the footing to goofy, which made the ride much smoother. I definitely had some MAJOR crashes. During one crash, my knee twisted but the board didn't twist with it, so I was waiting for a sharp pain like I had torn something - BUT I survived, thank God :) - only a few bruises and soreness. My friend Jess was not as fortunate. She experienced a back spasm and was rescued by patrol.


It was a good time on the slopes.

I hope to go boarding again before the season is up.

1 comment:

Ryan and Lizz Durbin said...

what amazing experiences you are having ab! it's so fun to see your adventures. the snow and scenery is beautiful! miss you!