Monday, March 30, 2009

Achasan Mountain

I hiked my 4th mountain in Korea on Saturday. It was such a beautiful day! Achasan is only like a 15 minute subway ride from my apartment. I went with two coworkers and we ended up spending half the time sitting with a random Korean man, who insisted we come join him in his feast of fresh fish - ugh. I did manage to eat one bite of freshly cooked fish (unskinned, head attached). I would rather not have to do this again. About halfway up the mountain, we also came across a random outdoor fitness area, where there were all of these weight lifting machines. It was rather humorous. After we were sitting on the top of the mountain for a bit, a Korean man asks, "Where from?" My friends answer Canada and I answer America. He says, "Canada, good...America...ehhh." HA-first time I've gotten this reaction.



I will probably make my way back to this mountain this summer. Here is a video view, enjoy:)





No comments: