Last weekend, my friend Melanie and I decided to make a trip to the small islands off the west coast of Korea. These islands are just off the island where the airport is located. We didn't know much about the islands, only what we had read from our handy tourist Korea book. It said you could take the subway and then a bus. Therefore, we took the subway for a long close to 2 hour ride, then we took a bus for another hour. It was quite the long day of traveling. I had never felt SO exhausted; every moment, I was fighting to keep my eyes open. Anyways, we made our way to the ferry after a lot of confusion and language barriers. The ferry ride was REALLY short; I'm pretty sure we could have swam the length. Once we landed on the island, we didn't have a plan - there was very little civilization, so we started walking down the road. This is where random encounters happen - always. We run into this older Korean man and he gets us on this bus. The bus drops us off at this corner (we're in the middle of nowhere). This man points us in the direction of a building with four other Korean men. They let us use there bathroom and then call up a lady who has a pension (hostel like place) and she shows up. We decided to stay at her place ( we really had no other option ) and then she called up her son to give us a tour of the three islands. He could speak a little more English.
We explored the mud flats, beaches, and beautiful sights. Melanie and I were constantly looking at each other like...where are we going? or is he leaving us here or coming back for us? You definitely have to go with the flow here. When we left, we took the airport bus back (only 1hr ride) which is something we should have done in the first place - ha well, we learned. When we were in the airport waiting for the bus - I don't know what it is about airports, but I get antsy - like I should be leaving to go somewhere. I have always loved being in airports. so many people. so much going on.
Anyways - there was my weekend - also, I went to church on Sunday...I almost didn't go because I really didn't want to have to get on the subway for another 40min but I did. It was a good decision. God was near and I was about in tears over His love. Also, a small group of teachers at my school have started a bible study; thank you Jesus. I have been praying for this.
I could go on and on.
Love you all :)
We explored the mud flats, beaches, and beautiful sights. Melanie and I were constantly looking at each other like...where are we going? or is he leaving us here or coming back for us? You definitely have to go with the flow here. When we left, we took the airport bus back (only 1hr ride) which is something we should have done in the first place - ha well, we learned. When we were in the airport waiting for the bus - I don't know what it is about airports, but I get antsy - like I should be leaving to go somewhere. I have always loved being in airports. so many people. so much going on.
Anyways - there was my weekend - also, I went to church on Sunday...I almost didn't go because I really didn't want to have to get on the subway for another 40min but I did. It was a good decision. God was near and I was about in tears over His love. Also, a small group of teachers at my school have started a bible study; thank you Jesus. I have been praying for this.
I could go on and on.
Love you all :)



No comments:
Post a Comment